What You MUST Know About Dog Food
Just like what with humans, there are various kinds of dog food that aren’t healthy for your pets. There are many pet food products that are known to render different ailments on pets such as allergies, infections and even obesity. Such conditions often lead to enormous veterinarian bills and medication expenses, as well as a great load of emotional turmoil when pets are suffering.
What’s even sadder is that many pet owners don’t have the luxury of time to prepare natural dog foods that are considered best for the animals; but they do have the luxury of being able to read and learn more about what they feed their pets.
It’s important to know each and every dog food that you buy so read on and know what’s best for your pet to chow down.
Here’s all that you MUST know about dog food products
- So many pet foods in the market today are actually equivalent to the human’s “junk food” as they don’t have the required minerals and vitamins for dogs. Being bereft of the healthy elements that majority of organic dog food have, these commercial products cause a host of health problems for your canines.
- Not all that dog food that your veterinarian sells or recommends are healthy choices. Often, pet food companies earn from what the vet sells. These products don’t come close to proper diet dog food even if your vet vouches for it. Some of these recommended dog food are even toxic and fatal to animals, posing ailments that may require surgeries. Don’t rely on your vet for all the health information you need for your pet. Learn and take note all toxic elements that could harm your dogs.
- Many commercial dog foods are actually meat of animals that has been dead, dying, diseased or disabled, otherwise known as Four D. These hazardous meats are then processed with traces of harmful chemicals. There are also many pet foods that come mixed with plants ridden with pesticides.
- Many products for dogs’ diets claim to be complete and balanced, but are not actually backed by advanced medical studies and testing. Many of these dog foods sold in markets today only answer the manufacturer’s idea of an average dog’s diet and health requirements. For such a concern, nothing beats natural dog foods because they can be specifically produced by healthy means and healthy sources;
- Kibble products are not at all going to make your dog’s teeth healthy and clean! Most of kibble foodstuffs are just dried grain byproducts with loads of toxic chemicals intended to make them tasty and appealing for your pets, as well as last long on the store shelves! But nowhere near to healthy teeth are these overrated dog food when compared regular or diet dog food that has high calcium content;
- Feeding your dog with the same stuff each and every day isn’t healthy. A nutritious variety of diet should be fed to your pets, and you must be patient with their reactions to newly introduced dog food.
- Though fresh and organic dog food is the best choice, when made to choose between canned and dried dog food, go for the canned products. The process involved making canned pet foods are less risk and their contents healthier.
Corn and its by-products that are contaminated with pesticides are in found most dried foodstuffs for pets. The processing of these unfit corn products retains and even adds more calories as well. Besides, the healthy cob that’s good for humans are not the same ones found in dog food products at all!